We would love to hear how Santa Rosa Junior College made a difference in your life.  If you have memories or stories to share, please fill out this form. We'll add them to this page.  We invite you to get involved or simply join us throughout 2018 to help celebrate the pride, purpose and progress of SRJC's 100 years!

Submit Your Story

Very proud that both my children - Louis and Elizabeth Vas - attended SRJC and then matriculated to SSU. Also grateful that I was elected to the SRJC Bd. of Trustees and served '08 - '12. Excellent institution!

In 1969 or 1970 I was a part time student at the college.  I was a combat Vietnam Veteran and was a discharged sergeant at the age of 20.  I was registered in an English Class and the first week of class the group decided to pray for peace in  Cambodia.  The instructor asked if there were any Vietnam Veterans in the class so I acknowledged that I was a Veteran.  He requested that I drop the class because they didn't want to pray for peace with baby killers.  It was a sign of the times and a  reminder that no matter how great your institution is and has been there are dark moments lurking in the closet.

I feel blessed that I attended SRJC. In 2012 at the age of 42 I re-entered school to pursue obtaining a college education that I walked away from when I was nineteen years old. August 2012 I began with the plan to study Studio Arts, and English/Creative Writing. My true passion is painting and even though I had dropped out of school I intermittently with other tasks in life, painted and made art. This included a brief stint at Antenna Theater in Sausalito where I was a fabricator, and assistant art director. I was making art for Chris Hardman who founded the theater company. Ultimately it became unsatisfying because I wanted to create art rather than making work for another artist. I am also a natural teacher. It was often appreciated by the instructors at SRJC...

Continue Reading

Mayra SosaSRJC opened my eyes to a whole new perspective on education. Education was not always a priority on my check list of fun things to do. Early in my middle school years I began to dislike going to school, and started a journey of truancy. When I began going to High School my bad habits continued, during my junior year I was kicked out of my regular high school and referred to Ridgway High School, a continuation high school. My bad habits did not end at Ridgway High School, I certainly made sure that I continued my truancy legacy and missed school almost my entire junior year. Finally, at the beginning of my senior year I...

Continue Reading

Amy White“SRJC taught me how to discover my own voice and be confident in myself. It allowed me to make mistakes and get confidence in myself and my abilities and find faculty mentors. I met my tribe at the Oak Leaf. I’m still friends with some of the people I met through the newspaper. I got excited about the world of media while working there.”

Craig Belon

"I attended Maria Carrillo High School as the first graduating class of 1999, then went to SRJC on the Doyle Scholarship, receiving my A.S. in chemistry in 2001. Despite having some of the best public universities in the country available to me, the cost, even as an in-state resident, was prohibitive. Thanks to the Doyle, I had essentially zero out-of-pocket expenses."

"SRJC’s top-notch science instruction fostered me as a young scientist, and removed barriers along my path. As an upper-division transfer, I got a B.S. in chemistry at U.C. Santa Barbara. My peers were impressed...

Continue Reading

Domenica Giovannini“I changed my major four times – from biology to biopsychology to business economics to psychology. I found I was a systems thinker and could see how all those different fields intersect and work together to make a better world. I had amazing professors at SRJC and the one-on-one attention I needed to be encouraged and motivated to keep pursuing my education. I will never forget the moment Mr. Wegman in my macroeconomics class my freshman year told me I was smart, which was among many moments at SRJC that helped shape my education and success.”

Rachel Marek

“I was very lucky to have SRJC so close in my own backyard. It offers a fabulous education and a commitment to education and learning. The Doyle scholarships were in full swing when I attended and essentially paid for the entire tuition costs plus books and more. Attending SRJC was a great way to come out of undergrad with very little debt. It makes a huge difference when you start life out that way.”

“At SRJC, the science classes had machines and equipment that only graduate students could use at UC Davis. It was an incredible experience. The faculty are amazing and they are so...

Continue Reading

""“After graduating from high school I had no idea what I wanted to do for a living. SRJC was really great for me because I was able to take as many different classes as I wanted because it was so affordable. Growing up I was an artist and curious about computer programming. I took both traditional art and computer programming courses at the SRJC. I figured that I would choose computer programming as a profession. Unfortunately I wasn't able to complete the higher programming courses at the time. It was too difficult for me to fully grasp. I still loved working with computers though.        

...

Continue Reading