Julia Gachet (Butler)

Anonymous
Tue, 1/23/2018 - 12:41pm

I didn't earn a certificate or degree from the SRJC, it not only laid a foundation for my eventual Bachelor of Science from the University of California at Davis, it made it possible. I couldn't afford four years at a university. Without the SRJC, college wouldn't have been an option. For this, I will be eternally grateful. 

During my time at the SRJC, I received individualized instruction and guidance from countless talented and passionate professors, whose wisdom I carry with me to this day. I met hard-working, driven students who engaged and inspired me. I benefited from numerous resources made freely available to anyone who had a desire to learn. Most importantly, I gained crucial scholarly and practical knowledge which provided me the confidence and tools to pursue a path of sustained growth and learning. 

At the SRJC, I felt welcomed and celebrated as a young woman eager for enlightenment and achievement. I feel so fortunate to have had this gem in my backyard. Thank you SRJC for the opportunity you provided me and so many others.